ARLA/CLUSTER: Colega brasileiro, Lucas Teske (PU2NVX) desenvolve projecto "Open Satellite" para satélites meteorológicos

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 4 de Fevereiro de 2019 - 17:35:54 WET

Radio ham's Open Satellite Project

Radio amateur Lucas Teske PU2NVX explains the Open Satellite Project
and its open-source weather satellite software

"The final goal is to have a generic satellite receiver that is easy
to configure to a new satellite or protocol," project originator Lucas
Teske PU2NVX explains of the Open Satellite Project and its
open-source weather satellite software.

Developer Lucas Teske has a very clear reason for having started the
Open Satellite Project, an ongoing effort to develop open-source
software for the receipt and decoding of satellite data using
software-defined radio (SDR) hardware including the LimeSDR family.

“I have studied electronics and computing since I was two years old,
and one day, a few years ago, I saw that I could receive weather
satellite images at home. That’s where it all started. They’re signals
from space,” he explains of his fascination with the concept.

“Images from satellites are always amazing. But to know that there is
something up in the sky that is sending something back and to actually
see the signal that is coming and its content, its a totally different
thing. It’s amazing to receive and decode stuff”

Read the article at
https://limemicro.com/community/open-satellite-project/