ARLA/CLUSTER: Website da AMSAT-DL é agora multilíngua graças a uma aplicação de Inteligência Artificial

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 4 de Fevereiro de 2019 - 17:30:55 WET

AMSAT-DL website now multilingual!

Thanks to the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) the AMSAT-DL website
is now available in four languages, English, German, Spanish and
French

For some weeks now we have been looking for different ways to make our
website available in several languages. We consider the
multilingualism of our website to be very important, on the other hand
the manual effort is very high.

In addition, one is torn back and forth in which language one should
write the articles. On the one hand, we have a German-language
membership booklet, but on the other hand we also have international
members and an international audience. After all, we transmit
worldwide via OSCAR satellites.

We've tried and experimented a lot, including some fun things with
automatic translators. Everyone has certainly experienced it for
themselves, many free translators find it so difficult to translate
technical articles in particular that one very often hardly
understands the context after the translation.

The way out was then finally a translation service with costs, among
other things on the basis of artificial intelligence. Their
translations are so good that everyone should understand everything in
the chosen language.

We still have some difficulties with some pages, which we had already
kept bilingual by hand when creating them. Unfortunately, our new
automatic translator still has a few problems with that. Little by
little we now have to change all pages to the "mother tongue".

nfortunately, all automatic translators only support one configured
native language for the entire website. But even this problem is only
a matter of time and with all future articles, hopefully the good
translation will exist immediately.

Source AMSAT-DL
https://amsat-dl.org/en/amsat-dl-webseite-mehrsprachig