ARLA/CLUSTER: O dínamo magnético solar está a enfraquecer

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 31 de Maio de 2017 - 13:31:55 WEST

The sun's magnetic dynamo is weakening

*Bruce Dorminey*, writing on Forbes, says that astronomers now confirm that
the Sun’s magnetic dynamo is likely to eventually disappear causing our
star to lose its 11 year magnetic cycle

In fact, a billion years from now, they say, interplanetary spaceflight
could become even more treacherous, since the Sun’s protective magnetic
heliosphere would weaken or even disappear, leaving our solar system
unshielded from incoming cosmic rays.

In a paper submitted to the journal Solar Physics, co-author Travis
Metcalfe confirms that the Sun, a yellow dwarf (G-spectral type) star is
indeed making a long term transition in its magnetic activity cycle.

Over the next one to two billion years, we have confirmed that the Sun’s
magnetic cycle period will get longer before disappearing entirely.

Read the full story at
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucedorminey/2017/05/27/the-suns-magnetic-dynamo-is-weakening/