ARLA/CLUSTER: "Internet of Things": Ofcom adverte que os radioamadores britanicos vão ter de conviver com interferência em 2,4 e 5 GHz

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 24 de Julho de 2014 - 13:49:52 WEST

Ofcom: 2.4 and 5 GHz Amateur Radio Bands

Ofcom has published a Call for Inputs to help inform its understanding
of the actions required to ensure that the UK takes a leading role in
the emerging Internet of Things (IoT). This could mean using Amateur
and Amateur Satellite Service spectrum

Ofcom say the IoT is the interconnection and exchange of data between
many devices, sensors and machines, potentially opening up a wider
range of cross-sector benefits.

The IoT is expected to lead to the introduction of many new and
innovative services, for example to improve our health, reduce road
traffic accidents and reduce the consumption of energy. There is the
potential for significant benefits to citizens and consumers and, in
the longer term, the IoT could change the way we live our lives.

The Call for Inputs seeks views to inform our understanding of these
and other developments, enabling Ofcom to better support the emergence
of the IoT. Many IoT devices will be connected wirelessly and the
availability of radio spectrum will be an important enabler.

In light of Ofcom’s duties to manage spectrum, and the potential for
significant benefits for citizens and consumers, we have identified
the IoT as a priority for further work.

The closing date for responses is October 1, 2014.

The PDF document is at
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/iot/
summary/iot-cfi.pdf

Consultation page