ARLA/CLUSTER: IARU prepara a World Radiocommunication Conference 2023 (WRC-23)

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 13 de Janeiro de 2021 - 17:13:10 WET

IARU preparing for WRC-23

The ARRL report preparations continue on the part of the International
Amateur Radio Union (IARU) to represent the interests of the amateur and
amateur-satellite services at World Radiocommunication Conference 2023
(WRC-23)

The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) sponsors WRCs, typically
every 4 years, to consider revisions to the international Radio Regulations
that define frequency allocations for various radio services.

“As an incumbent radio service with allocations at intervals throughout the
radio spectrum, the amateur service faces challenges at every WRC,†IARU
Secretary David Sumner, K1ZZ, said. “Successfully defending our existing
access to the spectrum is a significant accomplishment at any WRC, but
sometimes it is possible also to improve our existing allocations. WRC-19
resulted in major improvements in 50 MHz allocations in Region 1. Without
any doubt, this could not have happened without the concerted efforts of
dozens of IARU volunteers over the course of several years.â€

Read the full ARRL story at
http://www.arrl.org/news/international-amateur-radio-union-preparing-for-wrc-23