ARLA/CLUSTER: Problemas de interferência na banda de 50 MHz na Suiça

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 13 de Maio de 2020 - 10:30:03 WEST

50 MHz interference problems in Switzerland

The Swiss national amateur radio society *USKA* asks amateurs to take the
time to identify and document obvious sources of interference and to report
this to OFCOM

A translation of the USKA post reads:
Unfortunately we have to do without this year's EMC conference. In the
current situation with Covid-19, it is not responsible to hold the event on
June 13, 2020. We will hold an EMC conference again in June 2021.

OFCOM will also not be able to take place on May 14 as planned. It will be
made up for later.

But the EMC problems have not disappeared because of this. On the contrary:
we keep discovering new massive, structural sources of interference. At the
moment we are faced with significant interference on the 6m band, which
probably comes from new, faster PLCs. Armin HB9MFL, made us aware of the
problem.

I also found massive interference at 6 m in my own environment: outdoors
between two houses, the Yaesu FT 817 with a 40 cm antenna shows an
interference signal of S9 +!

Now that you may be at home a little more often, take the time to identify
and document obvious sources of interference and to report this to OFCOM.

OFCOM needs as many qualified fault reports as possible in order to be able
to take action against those who caused the faults!  Only because of a few
individual accidents per year will no provider be able to persuade them to
improve or withdraw their devices.

I also discovered a small, inconspicuous plug-in power supply for a router
that causes considerable interference in the 6 m band of 50-52 MHz.
Michael, HB9GFA showed on the HB9AG website how to do the first limitation
of faults. Here are his instructions.

Anyone who is unsure should get support. The first point of contact for EMC
issues is the person responsible for your section. If the section does not
offer help, the USKA EMC team can also be requested (emv  uska.ch). We can
then assess whether an error report to OFCOM is justified. Nobody has to
fear that they will have to pay costs if there are actually disruptions
from third parties. To this day, I don't know of any cases where the
troubleshooting was at the expense of the radio amateurs.

I also recommend that you do not troubleshoot the fault yourself, but
consult OFCOM from the start. Then it is official and official, and it
strengthens the position of amateur radio as an official radio service
monitored by OFCOM, but also protected.

Let's fight the EMC virus together! We can only win this fight by
persistently identifying those who caused it. And for this it is necessary
that all obvious faults are also reported to OFCOM.

I wish you all interference-free radio communication and remain healthy.

*Bernard, HB9ALH*
USKA Board member responsible for authorities and EMV a.i.

Fonte: USKA https://tinyurl.com/SwitzerlandUSKA