ARLA/CLUSTER: Vários eventos radioamadoristicos nos E. U. A. cancelados devido ao coronavirus

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 10 de Março de 2020 - 14:19:16 WET

Coronavirus: Communications Academy 2020 cancelled

ARRL reports the *Communications Academy 2020*, planned for April 24-26,
has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak

The Communications Academy would have been two days of training and
information on various aspects of emergency communications. Amateur Radio
Emergency Services (ARES©); Auxiliary Communications Service (ACS); EOC
Support Teams; Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES) were among the
groups planning to attend.

The ARRL story says:

Because of the COVID-19 outbreak and upon advice from the Washington State
Department of Health, Communications Academy 2020, due to be held in
Seattle April 24 – 26, has been cancelled. “We are taking this precaution
to protect the health and safety of all our attendees,†the announcement
said. Those who have already registered will automatically receive a full
refund.

— Thanks to ARRL Northwestern Division Vice Director Mark Tharp, KB7HDX

Source ARRL
http://commacademy.org/index.php?page=about-the-academy

Communications Academy
http://commacademy.org/index.php?page=about-the-academy

CANCELLED - AMSAT at ScienceCity in Tucson AZ

Writing in the Amsat BB, Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK says:

Hi.
Last week, I mentioned AMSAT would be supporting the K7UAZ radio club's
presence at the *ScienceCity* science fair next weekend (Saturday and
Sunday, 14-15 March 2020) on the campus of the University of Arizona in
Tucson.

I have just received a notice that ScienceCity has been *cancelled*, due to
the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation.

73.

*Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK*http://www.wd9ewk.net/
Twitter: @WD9EWK or http://twitter.com/WD9EWK

ANS

NASA Administrator statement on Coronavirus situation

The following is a statement from NASA Administrator *Jim Bridenstine*:

“On Sunday, March 8, we received confirmation an employee at NASA’s Ames
Research Center in Silicon Valley tested positive for the coronavirus
(COVID-19). We believe the exposure at the center has been limited, but --
out of an abundance of caution, and in consultation with Ames’ Center
Director Eugene Tu, NASA Chief Heath and Medical Officer Dr. J.D. Polk, and
in accordance to agency response plans -- Ames Research Center is
temporarily on mandatory telework status with restricted access to the
center until further notice.

“Limiting personnel at the center will allow Ames medical personnel and
public health officials to determine potential contacts and assess areas
that may require additional cleaning and mitigate potential exposure to
center personnel. Working with county officials, Ames leadership and
medical personnel are working to trace the contacts of the employee and
notifying individuals who may have had significant contact with that person.

“Access to Ames is restricted to essential personnel only as required to
safeguard life, property, and critical mission functions approved at the
level of the associate center director. More guidance will follow for those
who do not have equipment to work from home or who work in labs or other
facilities requiring similar technical equipment that are fixed assets.

“In addition, due to the current uncertainty about the coronavirus
situation in the United States and its potential impact on travel during
the next few weeks, three NASA Earth Science airborne science campaigns
slated to deploy across the country this spring have rescheduled their
field activity until later in the year. The campaigns are DeltaX, Dynamics
and Chemistry of the Summer Stratosphere (DCOTTS), and Sub-Mesoscale Ocean
Dynamics Experiment (S-MODE), which would include flights from Ames. The
scientific returns of these projects are not expected to be impacted by
this change of plans.

“Last Friday’s agencywide voluntary telework exercise was a good test of
NASA’s large-scale preparedness with no reported issues to the overall IT
system. I’ve asked all NASA employees to continue to follow guidance from
the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html> and the agency’s
Chief Health and Medical Officer, and if they have questions, don’t
hesitate to talk with their supervisor.

“You’ve heard the agency’s leadership say the protection and care of our
NASA team is the top priority and critical to the success of the agency’s
mission, and it’s true. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves,
we’ll continue to closely monitor and coordinate with federal, state, and
community officials to take any further appropriate steps to help safeguard
the NASA family.â€