ARLA/CLUSTER: Exames "drive-in" para radioamadores na Califórnia, EUA.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 1 de Junho de 2020 - 13:52:12 WEST

Drive-in ham radio exams in California

The ARRL reports that Volunteer Examiners (VE) in California have carried
out a successful drive-in amateur radio exam session and more are planned

In California, VE *Larry Loomer, KI6LNB*, told ARRL VEC that his team
conducted a successful drive-in license testing session on May 16 the
Concord Bay Area Rapid Transit station, “and we are encouraged to try it
again, especially since we have 17 candidates to test on June 6,†he said.

Loomer explains that candidates fill out their paperwork in their cars.
“I have circled in pencil all of the boxes on [Form] 605, the answer sheet
and the CSCE (Certificate of Successful Completion of Exam) that the
candidates need to fill in, to minimize the face-to-face time.â€
Once paperwork is completed, candidates take a test booklet and answer
sheet on a clipboard and sit in a chair in front of their cars, taking the
test in front of the VEs.

Completed tests go into a box on the VE table, and candidates back their
cars into a holding area, to let other cars park by the testing chairs.
Once a test is scored and signed, the CSCE goes to the waiting candidate,
who then may drive away.

“I’m seeing videos of remote test taking sessions, and they still look
labor intensive to me,†Loomer said. “We are sticking with the drive-in
format for the present time.â€

Read the full ARRL story - Social Distancing Exam Sessions Demonstrate
Pent-Up Demand for Testing
http://www.arrl.org/news/social-distancing-exam-sessions-demonstrate-pent-up-demand-for-testing