ARLA/CLUSTER: IARU Region 1 - December is YOTA Month

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 11 de Novembro de 2019 - 12:38:55 WET

The SARL reports that December is *YOTA Month, *when several youngsters
from Member Societies will become active on the air with *YOTA* as suffix
in the call signs.

>From Sunday 1 December to Tuesday 31 December 2019, international YOTA
stations, operated by young amateurs in their teens and early 20s, will
attempt to make many contacts worldwide with each other. This event is
aimed at our young generation and is an excellent opportunity for clubs to
get youngsters on the air who are interested in or want to find out more
about Amateur Radio.

It is not a formal contest, but a way to get our current young amateurs on
the air contacting hundreds of other youngsters around the world.
The SARL has registered a special call sign *ZS9YOTA* on the IARU Region 1
website as an educational call sign for use by clubs and individuals during
December. All radio amateurs are welcome to enjoy a QSO with the
youngsters, be aware that some of them are new to the radio hobby, while
others are more experienced.

To reserve a slot to use the ZS9YOTA call sign on a daily basis or for more
information please contact Noel, ZR6DX via e-mail at zr6dx  iafrica.com or
alternatively to Nico, ZS6QL at zs6ql  mweb.co.za.
The schedule and applicable rules will be available on the SARL website
soon.

Looking forward to hearing our younger generation on the air during
December!

Fonte: The South African Radio League <http://www.sarl.org.za/Default.asp>