ARLA/CLUSTER: "Fake news" de DXpeditions à Ilha de Bouvet

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 28 de Janeiro de 2019 - 13:30:37 WET

Bouvet Island DXpedition - Fake news reports

OPDX report that on January 23rd, the *Rebel DX Group* posted strong
messages (on their FaceBook & Web pages) as well as a video about bogus
news being reported on their planned operation to Bouvet Island.

Here are their following posts/press releases which have been edited
(due to language):

From
https://www.facebook
.com/rebeldxgroup:
Be aware of all sh**y news. Our vessel is not arrested. So far only us can
arrest this ship as trip is paid in full. There is some Harbor fees over
due (This is up to Vessel owner - not a 3Y0I team members) and will be paid
by owners when ship is ready to go!

Now I will change my language to a ''BIKER'' way. You, small pu**ys!
who trying to torpedo our plans, sending emails to boat captain, talking
stories from the moon or even from mars...GO F**K YOURSELF !. We know very
well who is doing that, and we will publish all this things when we come
back from Bouvet. YES WE ARE GOING TO BOUVET and you will not stop us!
I will track you down very easy, as you have no idea who you dealing
with. Then we will send you to hell on the very famous way. You will be
very well known ham radio operator(s), remembered forever. Promise you !
Video:
https://www.facebook
.com/rebeldxgroup/videos/
281303642543837

From
https://www.rebeldxgroup.com:
3Y0I Preparations Continue (Video)
-- They write emails to the Captain of our vessel. They spread hate, fake
news and disinformation on Facebook, Twitter and other social media, even
on a once upon a time reliable news source. They make fake spots and spread
bullsh** on the Clusters. They talk among their Internet groups all the
while spreading crap rumors saying our vessel has been “seized by
authoritiesâ€. They have no idea what our story is so they make stories up.
They are clueless. They are trying to sabotage our project within the Ham
Radio Community, and they are ALL full of sh**.
We continue to save it all and we will publish their bogus info when the
team returns from Bouvet. We are positive you will be stunned to learn who
the saboteurs are. Supposed pillars of the Amateur Radio DX Community? NOT.
A short video from Dom, 3Z9DX showing preparations continue on our vessel.
https://www.rebeldxgroup.com/
3z9dx-zs.mp4

From
https://bouvetoya.org/
another-fake-news/:
ANOTHER FAKE NEWS -- According to news circulated by some South African and
Italian hams, 3Y0I DXpedition has been postponed/canceled and our vessel ­
“Atlantic Tuna†­ has been arrested at the Cape Town’s shipyard due to
unpaid port fees.
We do confirm these are fake news and we deny the above. We totally
understand the magnitude of interest in our project as it regards DXCC #2.
But before re-posting any 3rd party news (even so-called “breaking newsâ€)
regarding our expedition, please verify them. We cannot take any
responsibility for fake news and one more time ­ beware of unverified
information sources.
Should any important changes or/and updates come to the 3Y0I DXpedition, we
will publish them at our websites and social media channels asap.

There is one more posting dated January 25th which is way to long too
publish, but interesting. It is called "Our Rebel Advice To You…" and
can be viewed at:
https://www.rebeldxgroup
.com/our-rebel-advice-to-you
Nothing else to report this week and no other details. Departure dates
are still not known. It is still a mystery...
Remember, it takes 12 days to get to Bouvet from South Africa, and they
plan to stay on the island for at least 2 weeks if the weather cooperates.
The 3Y0I DXpedition's band plan ­ frequencies (160-6m) and modes (CW/SSB/
FT8) can be found at:
https://www.rebeldxgroup.com
https://bouvetoya.org/
3yoi-bandplan
QSL via ClubLog's OQRS (preferred), LoTW or via 3Z9DX.

For more details and updates, we suggest to watch the following Web pages:
https://bouvetoya.org
https://www.rebeldxgroup.com
http://jouban.jp/3y0i_ja (For JA stations)
https://www.facebook.com/