ARLA/CLUSTER: Radioamadores belgas respondem a consulta administrativa para alteração regulamentar

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 24 de Janeiro de 2019 - 13:09:42 WET

Belgium radio hams respond to consultation

Belgium's national society the UBA reports on the reaction to the amateur
radio consultation held by the regulator BIPT

A Google translation reads:

On December 18, 2018, BIPT published the amateur radio consultation. The
same day an article was placed on the UBA website and the UBA executives
were informed. More than 200 responses were received in the period Dec 18
through Jan 05 (approx 7% of our members). Virtually all reactions concern
the frequency table (annex to the consultation).

*HAREC license*

The only point of concern is the limitation of the transmit power to 20 W
in the frequency range 1260-1300 MHz. This would make it difficult or even
impossible for modes such as EME, tropo and rainscatter.

Information gathered from BIPT shows that the reason for this limitation is
some disruptions of (military) 1300 MHz radar by (D-) ATV transmissions.
Disruptions caused by narrowband transmissions (CW, SSB, FM) were not and
can also be excluded.

Based on this, we can propose to BIPT that the limitation of the
transmission power up to 20 W only be applied for (D-) ATV transmissions
(or broadband transmissions in general).

Furthermore, there are still some minor errors that arise when we take over
the old frequency table, which we wish to improve.

*CEPT Novice license*

Here are 2 proposals:
(1) The holders of a CEPT NOVICE permit also give access to the frequency
range 1850-2000 kHz. In the current frequency plan, the ON2s also have
access to this frequency range.
(2)The holders of a CEPT NOVICE permit limited access to some SHF bands:
• 2300-2450 MHz with 1 W
• 5650-5850 MHz with 1 W
• 10000-10500 MHz with 1 W

In Germany and Luxembourg, the holders of a CEPT NOVICE license also have
access to these bands. Moreover, this gives the holders of a CEPT NOVICE
license the opportunity to learn and use new technologies in accordance
with the ITU objective "self-training" (digital techniques, both hardware
and software, SDR frameworks, such as GNURadio, and SDR tranceiver, such as
(HackRF, PlutoSDR, USRP).

The proposed extension for the CEPT Novice permit also ensures a
sufficiently large difference with the basic permit, without having to
surrender too much.

*Basic license*

The proposed frequency plan of the BIPT mainly affects the basic permit:

• Limitation of the transmission power to 10 W (now 50 W)
• Loss of the 17 m band
• Loss of the 12 m band
• Loss of the 6 m band

The improved access to the CW and digimode segments at 20 m and 15 m is not
perceived as compensation for this by the ON3s.

In 24% of the reactions one wishes to maintain the current state (pink).
However, the reaction is also counted where people only state that they do
not agree with BIPT's proposal, without making a counter-proposal (1) .
A (very limited) change is accepted in 76% of the responses. The main
concerns are:
• Retention of 50W on all assigned bands: 45% (if with the request to
maintain 50 W on VHF / UHF it counts: 49%)
• Retention of the 17 m band
• Retention of the 6 m band

As far as the 6 m band is concerned, the lower range (DX part) is to be
retained.

In its response to BIPT, the UBA has included these main concerns of our
ON3s.
On behalf of the UBA, I would like to thank all members who contributed
with their proposals to the preparation of our answer to BIPT.

UBA in Google English
https://tinyurl.com/BelgiumUBA