ARLA/CLUSTER: IARU R1 organiza Acampamento de Verão para 2019 da YOTA na Bulgária

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 9 de Janeiro de 2019 - 12:53:45 WET

Bulgaria to host Youngsters on the Air summer camp

The ninth Youngsters on the Air (YOTA) summer camp will be held in
Bulgaria, with the Bulgarian Federation of Radio Amateurs (BFRA) hosting
the event.

Individual IARU Member Societies will select candidates aged 15 to 25 for
the summer camp, which will take place from 11 to 17 August near Sofia, the
Bulgarian capital city.

"In this YOTA Camp, we will be continuing with our train-the-trainer
program, which will be the main theme of the week," IARU Region 1 Youth
Working Group Chair *Lisa Leenders, PA2LS*, said in announcing the annual
event.

"Participants will be working on the future of Amateur Radio and will be
involved in workshops where they gain skills to start similar Amateur Radio
youth events back home. With this, we are aiming to create a snowball
effect to inspire more and more YOTA events all over the world. This also
allows other youngsters and newcomers to enjoy Amateur Radio."

SARL