ARLA/CLUSTER: Novo Icom IC-705 QRP SDR disponível no Japão a partir de Abril de 2020

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 19 de Dezembro de 2019 - 18:10:23 WET

IC-705 QRP SDR Transceiver update, available in Japan around April 2020

There has been massive interest around the world about the new *IC-705 QRP
SDR transceiver* since a concept model was shown at the Tokyo Hamfair 2019.

This new portable HF/VHF/UHF has many great features. Some of these are, an
SDR platform, internal battery, GPS, Bluetooth and D-STAR, all in a compact
and lightweight body. The Icom IC-705 uses the same 4.3″ colour touch
screen display as in the IC-7300 and IC-9700 featuring real-time spectrum
scope and waterfall display.

Ian Lockyer, Marketing Manager of Icom UK  said, ‘We promised to keep
everyone up to date with the latest news about this much anticipated radio.
Yesterday Icom put a statement on their website with a projected home
market release date of April 2020. At present, we have not had a production
schedule for this model for outside of Japan but we expect it follow very
soon. *We anticipate a price of around £1000.00 excluding VAT*, but that is
subject to confirmation.’

He added, ‘If you want more information about this model, please click on
this downloadable pre-release leaflet
<https://icomuk.co.uk/files/icom/PDF/newsFile/IC-705_Tokyo_Hamfair.pdf> .
There is also a video about the 705 which we published earlier this year on
our YouTube channel. You can view this by clicking on the following
link: Video:
Introducing the IC-705 VHF, UHF, HF, D-Star all-mode 10W QRP portable SDR
transceiver <https://youtu.be/53grDV9ZRpo> .’

Ian finished by saying, ‘Demand for this model is proving to be
exceptionally high, so get into contact with your authorised Icom Amateur
radio dealer now to get your name down and avoid disappointment.’