ARLA/CLUSTER: Modo digital FT4 em video apresentado pelo seu autor, Joe Taylor (K1JT)

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 26 de Abril de 2019 - 14:11:41 WEST

Video of FT4 talk by Joe Taylor K1JT

On March 15, Joe Taylor K1JT gave a talk on the new digital mode FT4
to the Fair Lawn amateur radio club

"Soon after the "FT8 Roundup" held on December 1-2, 2018, we started
serious work on a faster, more contest-friendly digital mode that can
compete with RTTY-contesting QSO rates while preserving many of the
benefits of FT8.  The result is FT4 -- a new digital mode specifically
designed for radio contesting.

Over the past month a small group of volunteers have been conducting
on-the-air tests of FT4.  The early tests were very successful and
helped us to make a number of important design decisions.  We believe
FT4 has considerable promise for its intended purpose.

We'll soon be ready for testing by a larger group.  If you might be
interested in participating and offering your considered feedback,
please read the descriptive document "The FT4 Protocol for Digital
Contesting"
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/FT4_Protocol.pdf

We plan to post downloadable installation packages for WSJT-X 2.1.0-rc5
on April 29.  The document linked above includes
  - Instructions for installing WSJT-X 2.1.0-rc5 and FT4 configuration
  - Operating instructions for FT4
  - Basic description of the FT4 protocol, modulation, and waveform
  - Detailed sensitivity measurements for FT4 under a wide variety of
simulated propagation
    conditions
  - Schedule for upcoming test sessions

Please consider helping us to make FT4 a successful mode for digital contesting

With best wishes and 73,
-- Joe K1JT, Steve K9AN, and Bill G4WJS"

Watch Dr. Taylor - FT8 & Beyond: FT4 - Finale, this mode is 3x Faster than FT8
https://youtu.be/2Pd7zB40xdY