ARLA/CLUSTER: DMR via Internet atavés da Aplicação Peanut de David (PA7LIM)

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 17 de Abril de 2019 - 12:29:13 WEST

peanut

Peanut is back. The latest Android version is stable and gives me more time
to spend with my family. When I have time, I can work on bugfixes and
features. Many thanks for all your friendly emails!!

Working on new project called Peanut. On the Peanut you can talk with HAM
amateurs around the world via an Android device or network radio. Some of
the ROOMS are connected to DSTAR reflectors ( XRF076B, XRF076F, XRF71L,
XRF070C etc.. ). You only need an Android device to use DSTAR. Maybe in the
future I will add DMR also.
Supported hardware

   - Any Android device running Android 4.x of higher.
   - Inrico TM-7
   https://www.freebytes.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2139
   - Senhaix N60
   http://www.hi-radio.com/product/senhaix-n60-android-vehicle-phone-network-radio/

Supported OS

   - Android 4.x or higher.
   - Windows 7 and higher ( .NET 4.5 )

Access

   - Make sure you are DSTAR registered user to use the DSTAR rooms!!
   Nobody will hear you when you are not registered.
   - You need a code to enter the Peanut network. This will prevent not
   licensed Amateurs to use the app.

Check if you are DSTAR registered :
https://wb1gof.dstargateway.org/cgi-bin/dstar-regcheck

To register on DSTAR :  http://www.dstargateway.org/D-Star_Registration.html
<http://www.dstargateway.org/D-Star_Registration.html>

Click here to make a code request : peanut-request
<http://www.pa7lim.nl/peanut-request/>

สำหรับนัà¸à¸§à¸´à¸—ยุสมัครเล่นไทย ลงทะเบียนขอโค้ดที่นี่
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSff7lXdgHg8_iL5OfQD2Iose5eqqNiw47FPaze6c6DRJKnF0Q/viewform>

Supported radio’s

   - ehh.. The Inrico TM-7 is running Android and looks like a radio [image:
   🙂]
   - Who is going to make the first analog hotspot?

Rooms

   - There are local rooms like SPANISH, DUTCH, ENGLISH, JAPANESE, KOREAN
   etc. These rooms are in HD quality.
   - The ROOMS like REF030C, XRF076C, XRF070C etc are linked to DSTAR. You
   can make a QSO with your phone/network radio to these reflectors. The rooms
   are transcoded with AMBE3000 chips located around the world.

Software

Android : https://play.google.com/apps/testing/peanut.peanut

Windows : https://software.pa7lim.nl/peanut/STABLE/
Dashboard

You can see who is online via the peanut dashboard :

Global http://peanut.pa7lim.nl

Japan http://peanut.xreflector-jp.org

USA http://peanut-usa.pa7lim.nl

<http://www.pa7lim.nl/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/peanutDashboard.png>
Transcoding

The DSTAR transcoding between peanut and DSTAR is done via DVSI AMBE3000
chips. I received some free AMBE3000 devices during my development in
BlueDV. Many thanks to:

Complete solution:
XLX reflector club : https://reflectorloversclub.jimdofree.com/

Solution that need AMBEServer on Raspberry PI:

NWDR : http://nwdigitalradio.com/products/
DVMEGA : http://www.dvmega.nl/dvstick30/
DSTAR

If you are new to DSTAR, the peanut project will give you a first
impression to the world of digital HAM radio. The Peanut project will
provide some reflectors but not all. If you want to make the next step,
check out these nice ICOM radio’s ( ICOM
<http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/amateur/dstar/dstar/default.aspx> ).
If you do not have a local repeater, you can run your own hotspot ( DVMega,
ZUMspot or MMDVM_HS) at home.
Things to know

   - You do not have to disconnect to change a room! Just keep connected
   and select a room.
   - Peanut for Android is using port 5678 TCP and 6667 UDP to the
   internet. it is NOT needed to open ports  from the internet to peanut
   device.
   - You do not need an AMBE3000 for peanut to do DSTAR. I am transcoding
   it for you.
   - Do not use Peanut to interlink other systems!
   - Peanut is beta. Use it at your own risk.
   - There is no iPhone version of Peanut. Apple does not support
   experimental projects.
   - Runs very nice on an Inrico TM-7 or other network radio’s
   - Do not drive and Peanut. Always watch the road!!
   - The app does not work in the background anymore!!!
   - You can also use Peanut on Windows with an DVAP. ( use an analog radio
   )
   - I am not a company! I write code when I return from work and mostly at
   night.
   - DSTAR reflector admins can add their reflector when they have an
   AMBE3000 server with ThumbDV or DVStick30. Complete solution is from
   Japanese XLX team.

Challenges now

The Peanut was build as a concept. I never expected this interest.  Now I
am facing the following challenges.

   - Spend more time with my family
   - Rewriting the transcoder software so it can also runs on Linux in a
   datacenter ( now only Windows ).  ( done )
   - Make the master more scale-able and run it on multiple datacenters to
   minimize the latency. ( working on. Tested now with 3 masters )
   - Android app is now written in C#. I am completely rewriting the
   Android app to Java now. This is a lot of work. 80% is done now. Writing
   the app in Java gives me the opportunity to add more features and debug
   better. The app is almost finished now and a few users are testing it. Hope
   to deploy soon! New features like, BT, PTT key learning, portrait mode
   support. ( done )
   - Write a Windows version ( done )
   - Add DMR [image: 🙂] ( almost done )
   - Connect a radio to peanut Windows

Sometimes I post some new things or updates in the Peanut facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2017908268317595/

Thanks to Yoshi JH1TWX and Andre PD1AEU. Both spend a lot of time testing
and admin the project.

Keep in mind.. It is experimental! I am writing this software for fun and
have no commercial intentions. Peanut is only for HAM amateurs!

Have fun experimenting!

David PA7LIM