ARLA/CLUSTER: Radio Nepal volta às Ondas Curtas em 5005 kHz através de um emissor de 10 kW ou menos

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 14 de Setembro de 2018 - 12:53:58 WEST

Radio Nepal back on short-wave

Victor Goonetilleke just wrote on the Union of Asian DXers Facebook page 13
September 2018:

*Radio Nepal* is back on short-wave after six years by adding 5005 kHz to
augment its national transmission grid broadcasting on MW and FM. According
to a station official, Radio Nepal resumed short wave broadcasts from 02.00
– 5.00 p m Nepali time using a 10 kw transmitter at Khumaltar, Lalitpur in
Kathmandu .

The same source said the station is applying very low power. By all
accounts, 5005 kHz is a difficult Dx catch for listeners outside of Nepal.
Nepal is 5 hours and 45 minutes ahead of UTC. [ Sarath Weerakoon, 11 Sep
2018 ]

Picking up on this both Sarath and I (GVG) started looking for it and here
in Sri Lanka on my Perseus SDR there is a faint line and further checking
with the IBB/VOA Run Perseus SDR in Delhi, there is even a stronger line
which left at 1120 UTC more or less confirming. Even though the station is
running its old 10kW power cant be more than a 1 kw or so.But the greater
news is that Nepal is now available on Short Wave for DXers and it took
UADX to tell the DX community. Sarath thanks again for your Investigative
DX Journalism. This is what UADX is all about.

*•* Our thanks to *Mike Terry* for spotting this item