ARLA/CLUSTER: Historias de um "Doctor de Radios" desde Montreral no Canadá

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 22 de Outubro de 2018 - 12:36:36 WEST

Montreal's 'radio doctor'

CBC reports on Montreal's 'radio doctor', *Joseph Hovsepian*, who says he
is part of the last generation that knows how to repair electronics

Joseph Hovsepian has been repairing radios for so long that he claims that
he can sometimes smell the problem.

"When I pick up a radio, I turn it on or I plug it in and the way it
smells, the way it sounds or doesn't sound, the way it crackles and fades
away, all these things are recorded in my brain and I know exactly how to
start and how to fix it," he said.

Since 1960, Hovsepian has been fixing radios, turntables and other
electronic gadgets from his Parc Ave. repair shop.

The 79-year-old sees himself as part of the last generation of people
trained in the art of repair.

"We have lost the ability to touch things, fix things, repair them and feel
good for doing it," he said.

Watch the video and read the full story at
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/meet-montreal-s-radio-doctor-the-man-who-practises-the-dying-trade-of-repairing-electronics-1.486632
<https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/meet-montreal-s-radio-doctor-the-man-who-practises-the-dying-trade-of-repairing-electronics-1.4866324>