ARLA/CLUSTER: Um " Battery Power" para os Yaesu FT-891, 857 Icom 7x00

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 2 de Março de 2018 - 13:36:23 WET

DIY QRO LiFePO4 Power for the Yaesu FT-891 857 Icom 7x00

Hello Operators
Today's topic, portable power for QRO field radios.

For the ham radio operator in the field, portable battery power needs
to be light enough, small enough, modular, have enough capacity,  and
above all it should be possible to replenish it off-grid, and in the
field. For the high speed, low drag QRO Operator in the field, we need
something a bit more special.

Recently my channel's supporters helped crowd fund a new Yaesu FT-891
for the solar powered field station. To activate that rig in the
field, we needed to build a special power plant, one which would allow
us to make use of the rig's full potential if needed. Enter the 50A
current draw, 128ah Headway 38120 based, 10ah LiFePO4 Day Pack for our
Yaesu FT-891 Field Radio.

in this video, we build a 50A current draw capable, 128wh LiFePO4
battery pack for the solar powered field station. We augment the pack
with our PowerF8lm FM16-7200 Solar Panel, for extended communications
https://youtu.be/nDoQoVA0hAc

Mentioned in the video
- PowerFilm FM16-7200
- Bestech 50A BMS