ARLA/CLUSTER: Noticias das DXpeditions à Ilha de Bouvet

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 12 de Fevereiro de 2018 - 13:52:10 WET

3Y0I Bouvet DXpedition rebooted

According to the Web page, operators Dominik 3Z9DX, Stanislaw SQ8X, Leszek
SP3DOI, Branko YU4DX and Frans J69DS have rebooted their plans to activate
Bouvet Island.

They state, "Our trip originally planned at the end of 2017 was canceled at
the request of the organizers of the '3Y0Z' expedition. Due to the
cancellation by the organizers, we are now returning to the implementation
of our project and preparations for our trip as a matter of urgency." No
dates are mentioned on the Web page, but "DX-WORLD.net" states that they
"received info from a Norwegian contact that the 3Y0I license has been
renewed. A landing permit has also been issued by the Norwegian Polar
Institute. No dates of activity are mentioned, but the permit is good until
February 2019. However, DX-World contact suggests activity could be
sometime this year."

The expedition plans are as follows per the Web page:
*How?* -- For the purposes of the expedition, a 24-m-high seagoing yacht
with a PowerSail sails and 2 engines of 250 HP was chartered.
The unit is adapted to move in extreme weather conditions.
During the stay on the island, before the bad weather, we will be protected
by proper construction of expedition tents.

*Where?* -- Our expedition will start in South Africa, from where we will
sail to the Bouvet Island. We will cover over 2,800 nautical miles in the
far South Atlantic. It's over ... 5200 km! After landing on Bouvet Island,
we will install a camp and shortwave radio on the glacier plateau (it
covers 93% of the island's
surface. In good weather, we will get Olavtoppen - the highest peak of the
island rising 760m above sea level.

*When?* -- Our expedition will take place during the sub-antarctic summer
in the Southern Hemisphere. A sea journey in stormy conditions will take
about 12 days one way. If the weather is favorable for us, we will spend
about two weeks on the island. With successful winds, the expedition plan
will close in about a month and a half.

Stay tuned for further details........
https://bouvetoya.org/
------------------------------

3Y0Z BOUVET DXPEDITION NEWS (From 3Y0Z Web page). On February 5th, the
captain of the MV Betanzos decided that it was the best interest of safety
and expediency to proceed directly to Capetown, South Africa, rather than
Punta Arenas, Chile. They also headed north to avoid the possibility of
encountering ice and then headed easterly toward Capetown.

The entire team was reported safe resting in their bunks and in good
spirits.
It was reported on Thursday, February 8th, at 2045 UTC:
49.32 degrees South, 6.73 degrees East. 1,058 nautical miles from Capetown.
We are continuing our slow voyage to Capetown, currently making 6 knots,
with one of our two engines out.
The team is healthy, with plenty of food and water, and working to keep our
spirits up. We cannot, however, escape the cloud of disappointment hovering
over us and the DX community.
We traveled 2700 nautical miles to Bouvet, but the last mile proved to be
the most difficult.
As we type this, a tugboat is on its way to assist our vessel to the port
of Capetown. We will continue to keep everyone informed, as this saga plays
out. We would like to thank all of our friends and families who have been
with us every mile of the way. Your good wishes, thoughts and prayers have
sustained us over the last three weeks.

*Ralph, K0IRBob, K4UEEErling, LA6VM*

ADDED NOTES: Remember to visit the team's media pages (Twitter, Facebook)
as well as their Web page to read updates, see pictures and videos of their
trip:
3Y0Z Web page: http://www.bouvetdx.org/news-and-updates
3Y0Z FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/639362206232014
3Y0Z Twitter : https://twitter.com/Bouvet_3Y0Z
Also remember to follow their voyage by watching the following URL links:
https://share.garmin.com/bouvet
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/
shipid:777230/mmsi:725000291/imo:7310923/
vessel:BETANZOS#
IrjZAqtjXemvHHQW.99

via OPDX