ARLA/CLUSTER: Belga RTBF em 621 kHz vai encerra as emissões em Onda Media a 31 de Dezembro

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 18 de Dezembro de 2018 - 12:58:50 WET

Belgium 621 kHz to close down

Ydun's Medium Wave Info carries a report from *Vincent F4HPZ* that Medium
Wave broadcasts from Belgium on 621 kHz will cease on December 31

RTBF 621 kHz - Since this morning 0459z, the following message is broadcast
at the end of each hour on 621 kHz:

"From December the 31st, La Première will cease transmitting on the medium
wave. In order to continue listening to us, switch your radio reciever to
FM on your city's frequency. You can also listen to us live on DAB+,
through radio player app, or auvio."

The message seems to be only broadcast on MW, as it is followed by the end
of the advertisement. Curiously, the second sentence is (almost) the same
as in Allouis's equivalent announcement in December 2016.

I did not hear any such message on VivaCité (1125 kHz); neither did I find
any information about the time of the last transmission, so I can only
suppose that La Première will become silent at 1905z (20:5 local) as usual.

RTBF's website mentions the possibility to listen to RTBF international
through Atlantic Bird 3 satellite:
https://www.rtbf.be/entreprise/recevoir-la-rtbf
but wikipedia says that this satellite should be replaced in 2019.

73 *Vincent F4HPZ*
(17/12-2018)

Ydun's Medium Wave Info
https://mediumwave.info/news.html