ARLA/CLUSTER: O gosto pelo Morse até morrer...

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 13 de Agosto de 2018 - 12:20:24 WEST

Ex-RAF radio operator - 'I loved the Morse code'

The Belfast Telegraph - Ex-RAF radio operator recalls operation which
shortened Second World War

A former RAF radio operator whose team helped shorten the Second World
War by two years has marked the air force’s centenary.

Robert Calvert, 93, from Newcastle in Co Down, read Morse code
military communications which played a vital part during the conflict.

He also worked on a seized German U-boat coding box as part of a
special high-security project which spent six months translating its
contents.

"I loved the Morse code. It is always in your head, always ticking
along, it does not do you any harm."

Read the full story at
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/exraf-radio-operator-recalls-operation-which-shortened-second-world-war-37201145.html