ARLA/CLUSTER: Russia aumenta numero de emissões televisivas para o ocidente

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 19 de Abril de 2018 - 13:13:44 WEST

Update on RT news channel

*Ofcom* has opened seven new investigations into the due impartiality of
news and current affairs programmes on the *RT* news channel.

The investigations (PDF, 240.2 KB)
<http://ofcom.cmail19.com/t/i-l-bthhuyk-ptjlljdj-h/> form part of an Ofcom
update, published today, into the licences held by TV Novosti, the company
that broadcasts RT.

Until recently, TV Novosti’s overall compliance record has not been
materially out of line with other broadcasters.

However, since the events in Salisbury, we have observed a significant
increase in the number of programmes on the RT service that warrant
investigation as potential breaches of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code.

We will announce the outcome of these investigations as soon as possible.
In relation to our fit and proper duty, we will consider all relevant new
evidence, including the outcome of these investigations and the future
conduct of the licensee.