ARLA/CLUSTER: PowerFilm F15-1200 Portable Solar Power - Painéis solares flexíveis para operações em portátil para radioamadores

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 9 de Outubro de 2017 - 17:53:01 WEST

PowerFilm F15-1200 Portable Solar Power for ham radio

Continuing the series on portable power for ham radio, we turn our
attention to portable, packable solar power.  A few months ago, I
ordered the PowerFilm F15-1200 solar panel as an migration away from
the Goal Zero Nomad panels I used previously. It was my hope that the
PowerFilm panels would prove to be a better investment as a
lightweight and rugged puzzle piece in my portable ham radio power
strategy.

We started the series last year by building a lightweight lithium ion
battery pack. Later on we integrated that lithium ion battery pack
into our solar powered go kit for ham radio. After that we built our
own 10 amp hour lithium iron phosphate battery pack for extended field
communications. Now our point is keeping it all charged up in the
field.

So, in this video we are discussing the PowerFilm F15-1200 Solar
panel. We'll be field-testing it along with the DIY 10Ah lithium iron
phosphate battery pack from my previous video. Finally, we'll discuss
the pros and cons of the PowerFilm panels over other variants.

The video can be viewed here:

The link to the episode notes for the PowerFilm F15-1200 can be found
in the video description:

The next video in the series will be another DIY battery build. This
will be a 5Ah LiFePO4 pack based on A123 26560 format cells.

73

Julian oh8stn