ARLA/CLUSTER: Presidente da FCC, Ajit Pai, remove ultimas barreiras, segundo ele, à inovação em sistemas wireless nos EUA.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 20 de Novembro de 2017 - 13:43:02 WET

Ajit Pai to remove barriers to wireless innovation

In a key speech to the Cato Institute FCC Chair Ajit Pai pledged
"If someone seeks approval of a new technology or service that falls
within our jurisdiction, we’ll make a decision within one year"

The FCC has had a reputation for delaying innovative wireless
technology developments. New technology can take many years to gain
approval.

In 2013 the ARRL submitted the amateur radio Part 97 “Symbol Rate”
Petition for Rule Making RM-11708. It sort to bring part of the USA
ham radio regulations up-to-date so they matched those which the rest
of the world had had for more than a decade. Four years later the FCC
still hasn't changed Part 97.