ARLA/CLUSTER: 3 novas radio-balizas na África do Sul

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 3 de Maio de 2017 - 13:21:20 WEST

South African HF Beacon News

The South African Radio League News reports on three new HF beacons in
the country

This week we activated three new beacons. Bradley Glen, ZS5BG, started
to beacon regularly on 250 mW using an Off-Centre Fed Dipole and he is
getting many spots on 40 metres as well as 20 and 10 metres.

The Jeugland Radio Club, ZR6JRC, beacon also became live pushing 250
mW into a 40 metres inverted Vee and it has already reached as far as
Cape Town and Durban. Finally, the beacon kit that was donated to the
Hammies a few weeks ago was constructed in record time and set up by
Nic van Duffelen, ZR6AEZ, and it is currently active using the Hammies
callsign ZS6ZU on 5 MHz using a centre fed folded dipole.

We welcome all the new Beaconeers on board and wish you a lot of fun
with many exciting spots.

Any amateurs who are interested in setting up an HF beacon please
contact Leon Uys, ZR6LU on 082 573 5580 or on e-mail
leonuys<at>gmail.com.

Source SARL News
http://www.sarl.org.za/public/_news/read_arch.asp?
file=../../bulletins/sarlnews%2020170429.txt