ARLA/CLUSTER: Aumenta o numero de carros novos vendidos com o radio no sistema digital DAB+

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 26 de Junho de 2017 - 15:25:19 WEST

Automotive industry embraces DAB+ radio

Over 4.6 million new cars with DAB sold in 2016, across eight key
European markets and Australia

At the 2017 WorldDAB Automotive event in Munich, speakers from
automotive manufacturers, regulators and the broadcast industry
gathered to discuss the growing adoption of DAB radio in the car.

The event also saw the announcement of results from research WorldDAB
and its members have undertaken into the digital radio user experience
in cars, a first of its kind study.

The adoption of DAB radio in cars :

In 2016, 4.6 million new cars were sold with DAB across Germany,
France, the UK, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland Denmark
and Australia – up nearly 40% on 2015.

In Norway 98% of new cars are fitted with DAB as standard, with the UK
at 87% and Switzerland at 66% all three markets are leading the push
for drivers to go digital. In the second wave of European markets,
Denmark, France, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands, DAB is fitted as
standard in a growing number of vehicles.

“Drivers should be able to listen to their favourite stations on the
move and across borders. Our members represent over 300 stations that
reach more than 130 million people each day and it’s clear that DAB
digital radio is the core future platform for radio. Our members and
the automotive industry continue to work together on delivering the
best possible experience to drivers across Europe. As DAB becomes the
natural choice for consumers we want Europe to embrace it and
manufacturers to offer DAB alongside FM in sets and vehicles, just as
they did for AM and FM, and at a price which is attractive to the
consumer."

German highlights:

The event saw a particular focus on developments in Germany.
Population coverage has now hit 96% and in February 2017, Dorothee
Bär, Parliamentary State Secretary to the Federal Minister for
Transport and Digital Infrastructure, published the Digital Radio
Action Plan.

More here:
https://www.worlddab.org/system/news/documents/000/007/886/
original/Auto17_PR_FINAL.pdf?1498028885