ARLA/CLUSTER: Futuro sistema 5G no Reino Unido contempla acesso aos 26 GHz e bandas superiores a 30 GHz

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 31 de Julho de 2017 - 11:50:26 WEST

5G spectrum access at 26 GHz and update on bands above 30 GHz

*Ofcom* has published a Call for Inputs on the 26 GHz spectrum band, to
inform their programme of work to make this spectrum available for future
5G services

5G will be able to deliver more data, to more devices, and more consistent
service quality than previous technologies. Spectrum is critical to 5G, and
we want to ensure that spectrum is not an inhibitor of early 5G rollout.

The 26 GHz band, which covers 3.25 GHz of spectrum between 24.25 GHz and
27.5 GHz, is being prioritised across Europe as the first high frequency
band for 5G. This spectrum – known as ‘mmWave spectrum’ – offers high data
capacity and speeds over short distances.

We are seeking input from stakeholders to inform our authorisation approach
to 26 GHz, taking into account the likely demand and the timelines for 5G
equipment availability.

Today’s document also sets out our current thinking on which other bands we
will prioritise for 5G, and confirms our intention to start working on
making available spectrum in the 66-71 GHz band.

The closing date for responses is September 22, 2017
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultations-and-statements/category-2/5g-access-at-26-ghz