ARLA/CLUSTER: Austrália também já tem acesso à banda dos 60m (5 MHz) segundo as normas da WRC-15

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 2 de Janeiro de 2017 - 13:42:10 WET

New Australian 60 metre Amateur band

Although the updated Australian Radiofrequency Spectrum Plan commences
on the first of January – the Australian Communications and Media
Authority has many T’s to cross and many I’s to dot before we can
begin to use the new 60 metre Amateur band at 5.3 megahertz.

The International Telecommunications Union (ITU), at the World
Radiocommunication Conference in November 2015 (WRC-15), approved the
word-wide allocation of 5351.5 to 5366.5 kHz to the Amateur Service on
a secondary basis.

The Amateur Service is not the only one affected, and many other
radiocommunications stakeholders have to wait for the administrative
and regulatory details to be updated before the changed provisions of
the Australian Radiofrequency Spectrum Plan 2017 – posted on the ACMA
website in the week before Christmas – can be exploited.

We will bring you more details on future broadcasts when they come to
hand. Keep a lookout on the WIA website.

Advocacy. Education. Support. That’s what we do.

Roger Harrison VK2ZRH
WIA Director

Wireless Institute of Australia