ARLA/CLUSTER: Episódio 89 da serie "Foundations of Amateur Radio"

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 20 de Fevereiro de 2017 - 14:00:55 WET

Foundations of Amateur Radio - Episode 89

Amateur Radio is DEAD

Ask anyone who 'knows' and they'll tell you that this is a hobby on
Death's door with an ancient membership who are dying and taking our
hobby with them.

"Amateur Radio is irrelevant in this age of the Internet" and we just
have to learn to make do with the shrinking population we communicate
with.

In this week's episode we discover that as Mark Twain put it, "the
report of my death was an exaggeration" to say the least. Our
community attracts new entrants at an increasing rate, but our
retention lets us down. What can we do to make new Amateurs keep
coming back?

Foundations of Amateur Radio is a weekly podcast about the thousand
hobbies that Ham-radio represents. You can hear it on-air, on-line and
on-demand. Search iTunes for my callsign, VK6FLAB, or check out the
website at http://podcasts.itmaze.com.au/

Onno VK6FLAB