ARLA/CLUSTER: EURAO vai participar com 9 estações no Dia Mundial da Radio em 2017

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 6 de Fevereiro de 2017 - 13:05:48 WET

AOxWRD: World Radio Day 2017

This year, the theme of the Day, February 13, is: 'Radio is You!'.
As we are Radio too, we will celebrate again, but our way, being on
the air with the special callsigns: AO1WRD, AO2WRD, AO3WRD, AO4WRD,
AO5WRD, AO6WRD, AO7WRD, AO8WRD and AO9WRD; the whole weekend: from
Friday 10 to Monday 13.

The aim of UNESCO devoting one day to Radio, is to enhance a mass
media, simple and low cost, specifically suited to reach remote
communities and vulnerable people.

The day should be also a good opportunity to think over and to value
the media and the task performed in the development of society. Radio
amateurs, as a subcategory within the Radio and of a huge
interactivity, have our own role and contribute to keep alive the
technical knowledge of equipment and behavior of waves.

AOxWRD: World Radio Day 2017