ARLA/CLUSTER: Novo presidente da FCC quer aumentar a transparência das normativas a implementar no futuro

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 6 de Fevereiro de 2017 - 12:50:15 WET

FCC aims to increase rulemaking transparency

The new FCC Chair Ajit Pai has announced a pilot program the
Commission says is designed to dramatically increase the transparency
of its rulemakings

The ARRL report:
“For the first time, the Chairman is releasing to the public the full
text of documents he circulated to his fellow Commissioners for a vote
at the FCC’s next Open Meeting on February 23,” an FCC news release
said.

“We believe that releasing these documents — rather than keeping them
behind closed doors until after our vote — will increase the public’s
understanding of our decision-making process, and result in final
rules that better serve the public interest,” Pai said in announcing
the change.

In the pilot, Pai is releasing the full text of two documents that
will be listed on the tentative agenda for the February Open Meeting.
The first is a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) soliciting public
input on allowing television stations to use ATSC 3.0, the
next-generation broadcast standard. The second is a Report and Order
(R&O) that gives AM radio broadcasters more flexibility in siting
their FM translators.

In announcing the change, Pai thanked House Energy and Commerce
Committee Chairman Greg Walden, W7EQI (R-OR); Rep. Adam Kinzinger
(R-IL), and Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV) — the original sponsors of the FCC
Process Reform Act, the legislation including this change, which
passed the House last week. Kinzinger is the sponsor of the Amateur
Radio Parity Act of 2017 (H.R. 555).

Read the full ARRL story at
http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-chairman-announces-pilot-program-aimed-to-increase-rulemaking-transparency

FCC Announcement