ARLA/CLUSTER: DX WinLink - Testes em exercícios de Comunicações de Emergencia usando baixa potencia e antenas de compromisso

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 30 de Agosto de 2017 - 12:59:25 WEST

DX WinLink sessions using QRP & compromise antennas

Hello Operators.

I know most of us have our focus on Texas right now, however, last weekend,
while participating in an emergency communications exercise called ILMI
2017, I thought about the practicality of portable or field operations for
emergency communications, using low power stations, with easy to carry or
deploy compromise antennas.

Understanding the realities of emergency communications in situations like
Texas right now, or the Nepal Earthquake a few years ago, it was important
for me to test and understand whether or not operating with less than ideal
conditions, would still allow an operator to make solid enough connections
to distant BBSLINK or RMS gateways, in order to get messages out of an
affected area. This is especially important in areas where the RMS gateway
or BBSLINK station density is quite low, or where RMS gateway or BBSLINK
stations themselves, have been affected by the disaster.

This is just a short video of the test. I hope this video will help
convince some operators, that a less-than-optimal station is far better,
than leaving whatever station you have behind.

73

*Julian oh8stn*

Video - https://youtu.be/te3kW7sLiXA