ARLA/CLUSTER: RSGB alerta a Ofcom para o risco de interferências no segmento de amador na banda de 5 GHz

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 17 de Abril de 2017 - 10:11:36 WEST

5 GHz - RSGB respond to Ofcom

The RSGB has published its response to the Ofcom statement on
increasing the amount of the 5 GHz band that can be used for WiFi.

The Amateur Satellite Service has a Space-to-Earth allocation at 5830-5850 MHz.

Annex 6 of the Ofcom 5 GHz statement says regarding Fixed Satellite
Service (FSS) operation in 5725-5850 MHz:

"...once it becomes clear that this band will become used for Wi-Fi
worldwide it will become less attractive for new satellites."

"In Table 2 below we show the impact that different regulatory regimes
for Wi-Fi might have on the exceedance of the protection criteria of
the most sensitive satellites in 5.8 GHz assuming a comprehensive
Wi-Fi roll-out across Europe and Africa."

"As discussed previously, the risk of interference is an aggregate of
all Wi-Fi use and so will rise slowly over a number of years rather
than appearing suddenly."

"The UK cannot cause interference to 5.8 GHz satellites on its own but
it is fairly likely that Europe and Africa will follow our lead. This
is likely to be driven by the potential for 5.8 GHz to become a
worldwide Wi-Fi band."

Response of RSGB to the Ofcom 5 GHz Statement
http://rsgb.org/main/files/2016/08/170411_RSGB_5GHz-WT-Regs-2017.pdf

http://rsgb.org/main/blog/spectrum-forum-posts-overview/spectrum-forum-papers-consultations/2016/08/01/5ghz-wi-fi/

Ofcom 5 GHz consultation and statement page
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultations-and-statements/category-1/5-GHz-Wi-Fi

Direct link to Ofcom statement PDF
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0032/98159/5p8-Regs.pdf