ARLA/CLUSTER: Reportagem de uma visita de 10 000 km aos centros de emissão da Australia em Nova Gales do Sul e Queensland

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 20 de Setembro de 2016 - 11:28:01 WEST

The Brandon Antennas

During July and August, my wife and I went on a road trip through New
South Wales and Queensland. We travelled just under 10,000km - and had
a wonderful time.

We also travelled through the little township of Brandon, in far north
QLD, where I checked out the former Radio Australia transmitter.

Although R. Australia ceased scheduled transmissions from Brandon in
March 2015, the shortwave antennas are still up in the air and appear
to be maintained, even though they are no longer in use. The site is
also used for 4QN mediumwave. I have posted photos and an article on
this facility on the Mount Evelyn DX Report blog.

My thanks to Craig Seager VK2HBT and Mat Magee VK2YAP for their
additional help with background information on this site.
http://medxr.blogspot.com.au/2016/09/the-brandon-antennas.html

I have also made a YouTube video with high resolution versions of the
photos, which can be found at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1buQ09ivHE

73 all,

Rob VK3BVW