ARLA/CLUSTER: EUA: Radioamadores homenageados na sua preparação para comunicações de emergencia

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 20 de Setembro de 2016 - 11:18:38 WEST

Radio hams honored for emergency preparedness

Radio amateurs in the Tukwila Emergency Communications Team (TEC) have
received recognition for their role in preparing the city for an
emergency

The Tukwila Reporter says:

King County Executive Dow Constantine awarded the TEC Team the sixth
annual Executive's Award for Community Preparedness, given each fall
to a volunteer organization that trains for and responds to
emergencies.

"There are people doing good work all around this county," Constantine
said during the award presentation at the Tukwila Fire Department's
headquarters on Sept. 15. "When we began planning for this year's
award my staff brought me no small number of very worthy nominees, one
of which will probably win next year. But this group rose above all of
them. It is tremendously gratifying to be at the head of a county
where people are not simply sitting and waiting for the government to
come help, but they are pulling together as a community to help one
another and join together with their local government to provide a
safer place for all."

The team consists of 20 volunteer emergency communications responders
who work or live in Tukwila and provide the city with ham radio
communication in an emergency.

Read the full story at
http://www.tukwilareporter.com/news/393789551.html