ARLA/CLUSTER: K6R: Dxpedition a Santa Rosa Island no Qth Locator CM93xx

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 14 de Setembro de 2016 - 13:58:04 WEST

K6R Countdown

On September 16th, *Wyatt, AC0RA*, and myself will be getting on the boat
in Ventura, CA with our destination set on CM93.

We've been training all summer, finalizing equipment, setting skeds, and
generally getting all the loose ends tied up, and we look to be ready to go.

We have posted our Final pass schedule on the K6R QRZ page at
https://www.qrz.com/lookup/K6R - so feel free to find a pass that is to
your liking.

We have tried hard to include everyone in our distance range on at least 1
or 2 passes. Of course all passes are dependent on weather, schedule, and
other factors - and there's a very good chance we'll show up on passes that
AREN'T on our list as well..
find a window, and see if we're around.

We're also happy to announce that *Jimmy, KK6FAH* will be serving as our
pilot relay station for the expedition. He's a fellow AMSAT operator, and
has a QTH right in Ventura, and we should be in local repeater range of
each other while we're on the Island. We have agreed to meet up each
evening and report our logs to him, and he will then pass our report on to
the BB. Please do not email him with questions about busted calls or the
like, he's simply going to be passing on our reports. He's also been
awesome in helping us with some local arrangements, and we appreciate his
assistance with this project greatly.

I'd also like to make a brief request for folks to use some good
situational awareness while we're out there. We know this is a rare grid
and there's tons of interest, but remember that the birds and pass time are
a scarce resource. We're hoping with lots of scheduled passes there should
be more than enough air time to get everyone worked that wants it, but use
some common sense.

If you have linear capability, find us on one of those birds, and leave
SO-50 for the FM only operators. If you're on the West coast and can work
us on a higher pass where the east coast doesn't have a footprint, consider
delaying to give them a chance. If you can handle taking a night off from
using SO-50 as your ragchew repeater in the sky, that'd be great too... and
please try to keep the dupes to a minimum - you never know when someone is
just sliding into the footprint and only has 30 seconds to make that
precious QSO. Thanks in advance.

Finally, we're planning to do a very informal round table on 20 meters
Saturday night at 8:00 PDT. Clayton, W5PFG has agreed to find us a
frequency (probably the upper portion of 20m) and send out a tweet on where
we will be. We'd love to have you stop by on HF and chat about Satellite
stuff, the expedition, or "Am I in the log?" that night.

It's expedition go time. Hope to catch everyone from CM93!

*Dave, KG5CCI*