ARLA/CLUSTER: Radioamadores americanos dão "workshop" sobre soldadura em Pequim

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 4 de Outubro de 2016 - 12:48:31 WEST

Radio ham gives soldering workshop in BeijingCelebrity Hacker *Mitch Altman
WB9IQQ* visited Origins Education in Beijing to give a soldering workshop

What do you get when you practice what you preach? Just like your students,
you have fun, gain confidence and learn! This was the case on Thursday
afternoon as the ORIGINS team was treated to a private maker session with
Mr. Mitch Altman WB9IQQ, creator of the "TV-B-Gone" remote control,
consultant and founder of the San Francisco-based hackerspace Noisebridge.

As Altman explains, hackerspaces and makerspaces and are actually the same
thing. The original term, "hacker", originated with MIT's model railroad
club, referring to their process of creating fantastic model railroads. Not
wanting to be limited by what was available on the market, the MIT club
instead chose to let their imaginations guide them, so they started taking
available resources that weren't designed for model railroad construction
and hacking them - resulting in vastly expanded opportunities.

Guiding our team of "newbie" makers, Mr. Altman directed the ORIGINS team
to connect resistors, light emitting diodes, capacitors and a
microcontroller to create our own "programmed infra-red interactive blinky
light art pieces". Similar to the bigger maker movement, though, for
everyone involved, the act of making was more valuable than the item that
was created.

*Fish Yang*, ORIGINS elementary teacher, and session participant, was
thoroughly engaged from minute one of the session. He said "The hackerspace
workshop gave me a strong experience as a student and I saw just how
students will be engaged and excited through making - and I saw how new
ideas can get inspired during the process making and creating."

Read the full story at
http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzI4MDQ2MDEyMQ==&mid=
2247483759&idx=1&sn=65edafe2d85fe83be5a499d93eab6964

Mitch has released a revised set of slides titled How to Solder
http://cornfieldelectronics.com/cfe/images/projects/HowToSolder.pdf
https://twitter.com/maltman23

Mitch Altman WB9IQQ and Jeff Keyzer W6OHM wrote the book Soldering is Easy
which can be downloaded free from
http://mightyohm.com/blog/2011/04/soldering-is-easy-comic-book/