ARLA/CLUSTER: Radioamadores indianos detecção sinais misteriosos em 144 a 146 MHz desde o Mar Arábico

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 22 de Novembro de 2016 - 13:01:29 WET

Press report mystery signals in ham band

The Mumbai Mirror reports on the mystery signals in 144-146 MHz from
the Arabian Sea which have been baffling radio amateurs

The newspaper says: Though the signals have been picked up by their
VHF wireless radios since the past five months or so, they became
suspicious after they tracked them down to the deep sea off
Maharashtra-Gujarat coasts, said Ham Radio Operators Mumbai
spokesperson Ankur Puranik VU2AXN.

"We have written to the Wireless Advisor, Ministry of
Telecommunications and IT, with copies to the PMO, other ministries,
and top defence and police officials to take note and investigate
these unknown signals," Puranik told IANS.

They sent the memorandum to the Centre after analysing the signals
with their direction-finding equipment and antennae and were alarmed
to learn they originated around 100 nautical miles in the high seas
off the Maharashtra-Gujarat coast.

"They are encroaching on our allotted bandwidth 144-146MHz for our
two-way radio, they don't use the compulsory 'call sign' by which each
ham radio operator in the world can be identified and tracked, and
they speak in a language we can't understand," Puranik explained.

Read the full story at
http://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/mumbai/other/Mystery-signals-from-Arabian-Sea-baffle-ham-radio-buffs/articleshow/55544274.cms