ARLA/CLUSTER: A Dayton Hamvention vai ter este ano fóruns para jovens radioamadores

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 6 de Maio de 2016 - 14:38:53 WEST

Dayton Youth Forums

The ARRL report *Carole Perry, WB2MGP*, will moderate Hamvention Forums
focusing on youth

Noted Amateur Radio teacher and mentor Carole Perry, WB2MGP, will once
again moderate Dayton Hamvention® forums focusing on youth and youth
activities. She will lead the League’s Instructors’ Forum on Friday, May
20, 10:30 AM-12 PM, and the Youth Forum on Saturday, May 21, 9:15 AM-12 PM.

Among the Youth Forum presenters will be 9-year-old *Hope Lea, KM4IPF* who
will talk about her experiences in satellite work in “Talking Through the
Birds.â€

“The Youth Forum is where we showcase our best and brightest young hams,â€
Perry said. “Eleven young hams will give presentations about their
accomplishments and the fun they have in a variety of ham radio venues and
experiences. Come support the future of our hobby and service! This is
where young people will get to meet with other youngsters.â€

One young speaker, 17-year-old ARRL member *Maria Lysandrou, KD9BUS*, will
appear at both the Youth Forum and the Instructors’ Forum, but will deliver
her *“Attracting Females into Ham Radioâ€* presentation — about getting more
women and girls interested in ham radio — only at the Instructors’ Forum.

Read the full ARRL story at
http://www.arrl.org/news/carole-perry-wb2mgp-to-moderate-hamvention-forums-focusing-on-youth