ARLA/CLUSTER: Administração britanica solicita clarificação da noticia "Milhões de aparelhos de TV podem se tornar obsoletos no Reino Unido"

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 15 de Março de 2016 - 12:13:53 WET

Millions of TV sets may become obsolete - clarification

On Sunday, we carried an item titled 'Millions of TV sets may become
obsolete', in which we said "Ofcom's announcement of the clearance of
the 700 MHz band could spell the end of the road for millions of
'Freeview' TV sets"

Ofcom have since contacted us to say that this is definitely not the
case, and have offered this clarification:

"For most viewers this just means that they will have to retune their
TV a year earlier than they otherwise would have had to. For a small
proportion of viewers  it will mean that they have to replace their
roof top aerial a year earlier than they otherwise would have had to.

"Our estimate is that 105,000 to 110,000 households will need to
change their aerials. This amounts to less than 0.5% of households
that use DTT. We don’t anticipate people will need to change their
aerials until 2017 at the earliest."