ARLA/CLUSTER: Radioamador americano morre ao cair da torre durante a montagem

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 17 de Junho de 2016 - 15:59:08 WEST

Radio ham in fatal fall from mast

Radio amateur *Andrew 'Milt' Jensen N5IA* died Thursday, June 9 after he
fell 50 feet off his tower on Mount Lemmon

On Thursday evening KVOA news reported:

The fall happened at 11:45 a.m, according to the Pima County Sheriff’s
Office. Officials with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
are investigating.

Mount Lemmon Fire Department officials responded to the call.
The man’s name has not yet been released. Ralph Turk, a retired chief
engineer from KVOA, knew the victim and said he was an experienced tower
climber.

KVOA News
http://www.kvoa.com/story/32187653/man-dies-after-50-foot-fall-off-radio-tower-on-mount-lemmon

Milt was first licenced in 1960 and held the Novice callsign KN5FPO.
On QRZ.com his son Jason Jensen says:

I am Milt's oldest son Jason, some of you know me, most of you probably
don't.  I have been with him for 47 years, he was my hero. Today, June 9,
2016. Milt was on was of his many tower climbing adventures, and by no
choice of his, it became his last. It is with great sadness that I report
to all of you that today we lost one of the greatest men I know. He was my
hero.

He left behind Rulene, his loving wife of 49 years, 7 children, 30
grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren and so many, many friends.
His legend will live on for generations to come. He loved to help others,
especially in his chosen hobby, Amateur radio. He truly cared about his
hobby and took every aspect of it to heart.

Those of you who knew Milt, know how intelligent he was, and how he loved
to share that intelligence with others.  Please feel free to share with
anyone who might not read this short post, of his passing.
http://www.qrz.com/db/N5IA