ARLA/CLUSTER: Testes em 241 GHz no Reino Unido

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 17 de Junho de 2016 - 15:51:09 WEST

241 GHz Ham Radio Tests

A new video shows further testing on 241 GHz by *John G8ACE* with an
improved antenna and distance

Being a nice day for fooling around and with the 241 GHz a trifle further
forward I thought I should try the same test as I did a year ago on 134 GHz.

A year ago I used two 20db horns and maybe around 100uW. At 241 GHz there
is considerably less power and so I tested with one of the 134 GHz antenna
systems on the Tx to get more erp, the gain estimated at about 44dbi from
garden measurements taking open waveguide as 9dbi then the feedhorn took
the signal up 15db and the addition of the dish another 20db = 44db give or
take. The Rx would be impossible to use on foot portable with 0.5deg dish
so its used with just the feedhorn ~25dbi, still quite sharp.

The note is a bit raspy but none the less its detectable at 0.44Km
according to the map measurement, lets call it 0.4Km. Its further than one
can shout (tho a megaphone with the same aperture size as the dish might
change that) so its an important step forward and a reasonable first /P
test as can be seen from the pictures.

Tx: HP HSCH 9101 beam lead x6 diode multiplier to achieve 241GHz
Tx Synth: ~2.6GHz x5 x3
Tx Antenna: ~44dBi gain

Rx: HP HSCH 9102 anti- parallel diode pair.
Rx Antenna: Feedhorn ~25dBi gain

Watch 241 GHz street path test over 400m by John G8ACE

https://youtu.be/BZ6EJa152og

First UK ham radio contact on 241 GHz
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2016/february/
first_uk_ham_radio_contact_on_241_ghz.htm

UK Microwave Group
http://www.microwavers.org/