ARLA/CLUSTER: HamRadioNow: Estranhos radioamadores no actual radioamadorismo

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 25 de Julho de 2016 - 10:31:36 WEST

Stranger Hams on Ham Radio Now

Gary Pearce KN4AQ looks at 'Stranger Things' from Netflix and the
recent RSGB video Amateur Radio - A World of Possibilities

Netflix just released a new, limited series titled 'Stranger Things'
that has a little Ham Radio in it, and a little more CB. It's an
8-part science-fiction show featuring three middle-school geeky boys,
a super-powered girl, and the usual collection of clueless and
sometimes evil adults.

Gary shows the ham stuff, gives the program a luke-warm review, and
then looks into a bunch of other programs produced for Ham Radio from
the RSGB, Reddit*, some TV stations for Field Day, and finally a song
he found titled Ham Radio (and you'll hear why).

* By the way, on playback I discovered that my comments about the
purpose of the Reddit ham video were clueless - totally off the mark.
I said it was to attract young Redditors to ham radio. And I doubled
down by repeating it after I played the video. Absolutely wrong. The
purpose was clearly to attract *current hams* to the Reddit Amateur
Radio subreddit forums (there are several). The video used lots of ham
language and terminology that non-hams wouldn't understand, and did
NOTHING to show what ham radio was to non-hams. It was so obviously
aimed at hams that I can't believe I didn't get it... but I didn't.
Goodbye, Reddit-cred!

Watch HRN 261: Stranger Hams on Ham Radio Now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTLDvWnIzZU

Previous editions of HamRadioNow
http://www.youtube.com/user/HamRadioNow/videos