RE: ARLA/CLUSTER: EUA tem 700.000 "Ham Radio" - Nunca existiram na história tantos radioamadores licenciados na América

José Machado ct1bat gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 11 de Fevereiro de 2016 - 14:01:22 WET

É como por cá!

Escrevem, alguns, que o radioamadorismo está a morrer?!? Em número não é, só se for a “PAIXÃO†com que se pratica (ou não!)...

73 from

José Machado - CT1BAT

De: cluster-bounces  radio-amador.net [mailto:cluster-bounces  radio-amador.net] Em nome de João Costa > CT1FBF
Enviada: 11 de fevereiro de 2016 13:27
Para: Cluster-ARLA
Assunto: ARLA/CLUSTER: EUA tem 700.000 "Ham Radio" - Nunca existiram na história tantos radioamadores licenciados na América

Ham Radio licenses at all-time high

The Ironton Tribune reports amateur radio licenses are at an all time high, with over 700,000 licenses in the United States

Many hams have a ham radio license so they can help their communities during emergencies. Weather related emergencies such as tornados, hurricanes, flooding, lighting, can cause power failures and loss of communication. Hams have AC and DC operated gear, some have generators. The repeaters hams use have backup generators. When all other communications including phones and cell phones fail, ham radio can communicate.

During an emergency hams are needed at the scene, shelters, fire stations, local red cross stations, law enforcement, 911/EMA, and many others. Several of the local National Weather forecasters are hams.
Each year SOARA – ARES has 20 or more hams helping provide communications for the Memorial Day Parade. Also communications in the Christmas Parade. We can provide communications for runs like 5K run and other activities in our communities needing communications. Ham radio is very much needed for many things in our communities, we need more hams to help.

Many astronauts are ham radio operators. Amateur Radio is used as a back up for the Space Station communicating with Houston, Cape Canaveral, and other needed locations. Their normal communications have failed more than once and they used ham radio. Part of their training is an optional Amateur Radio licensing class. Once licensed and in space, these astronauts can use Amateur Radio to communicate with people here on Earth. Hams with the proper equipment may be able to schedule a contact with the space station when it is passing over your location.

Read the full story at
http://www.irontontribune.com/2016/02/08/ham-radio-licenses-at-all-time-high/

What is Amateur Radio?
http://www.essexham.co.uk/what-is-amateur-radio

Find a UK amateur radio training course near you
https://thersgb.org/services/coursefinder/

---