ARLA/CLUSTER: DXpedition à Ilha de Aves na Venezuela adiada até novas informações,

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 30 de Agosto de 2016 - 14:18:30 WEST

Aves Island update

Steve, W4DTA/YV5DTA, sent out the following 'Official Press-Release'
on August 24th: The Amateur Radio Association of Venezuela, Sectional
"Santiago de Leon de Caracas" regrets to inform the entire amateur
radio community of Venezuela and the world, that the Bolivarian Armada
of Venezuela has notified us that for reasons outside of the
DXpedition team control that the expedition to Aves Island to be held
in commemoration of Navy Day 2016, by the end of this August and early
September has been put on hold until further notice......
73, Steve Romagni, W4DTA – Pilot station for YX0V
yx0v2016  gmail.com

This was followed by another message by Steve the next day (25th)
showing a satellite photo that the Navy was concerned about setting
sail to YV0 this past weekend. The photo showed that YV0 was pretty
much near the area where hurricanes love to form this time of the
year, and at the moment there are two just too close.

Steve, mentions, "When I was there in 1992, the island at high tide
almost disappears, I can imagine with these storms around how it will
look. You all remember safety comes first. I want to remind you and
the dx community that this is the same team that lost one operator on
YV0 from cardiac arrest. So we are very aware of what can happen in
this type of operations. As soon as I get more details I will let you
all know..."

Then later in the day Steve sent out: "YX0V is very thankful for all
of the donations, emails, and calls received regarding the operation.
They are still working hard, and the team is ready to go when the Navy
says go. At the moment weather is a big factor at the moment with two
tropical storms near YV0. The team has asked to please hold on any
kind of donations until after the operation has started. I will inform
you all when that is as well."

For more details and updates on the YX0V DXpedition, see the following
URLs: YX0V Web site: http://yx0v.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/yx0v2016
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/yx0v2016
VA3QR Blog page: http://va3qr.ca/cy9c-day-10/