ARLA/CLUSTER: Estudantes e professores israelistas convidam radioamadores a testar o APRS do nano-satelite Duchifat-1

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 20 de Maio de 2015 - 13:29:45 WEST

 Radio hams invited to test APRS on Duchifat-1

Duchifat-1, the Israeli high school students 1U CubeSat launched June
19, 2014, is ready for its first public tests. People with the ability
to send Compressed APRS location packets are invited to join the
tests.

The satellite will collect these packets worldwide along its flight at
620 km high orbit, and will downlink them from time to time over our
ground station in Herzliya/Israel.

Participants are kindly requested to register in advance in order to
get their packet identified on the map.

The packets successfully received will be displayed on a map in our
Internet site and  QSL cards will be sent via Bureau to the stations
registered and recognized. (unfortunately, there is no way we can
recognize packets from unregistered stations because the packet is
limited to 14 characters at the satellite, so we assign two unique
characters to every registered station to enable us to identify them).

Registration can be done at http://www.h-space-lab.org/

Also available in that site are operational information about the
satellite, and the following documents:

*Configuring TT4 Explanation.doc* - how to use the Byonics TinyTrak4
for generating Compressed APRS packets

*Terms Of Use.doc* - terms and techniques for making the best use of
the satellite

There is also Ground station software available for download, written
by our students around ISIS space Demodulator software.

We hope many people will find it interesting and enjoyable,

Good luck!

73
from the Herzliya Science Center students and teachers