ARLA/CLUSTER: Estudantes universitários do Reino Unido vão lançar um CubeSat

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 11 de Maio de 2015 - 12:15:03 WEST

UK students launch CubeSat

Electronics Weekly reports on the launch of Warwick University’s
WUSAT-2 satellite earlier this year

The publication says the student-run project has built and launched a
small 10x10x10cm CubeSat satellite into space.

Overseen by the European Space Agency (ESA), the satellite was
launched from the Swedish Space Centre. After the successful launch
the satellite was ejected and the communications system started
transmitting data signals at the ground station.

“This is the first time that data has been successfully transmitted
and received from an ESA/Rexus launched unit on re-entry – an amazing
achievement. We have a lot of data now to be analysed, and we are
hoping to estimate the speed of the satellite via the Doppler shift of
the radio signals,” said Dr William Crofts, director of Warwick
Satellite Programme at the University of Warwick.

Crofts added: “We are hopeful of a full orbital launch for WUSAT-3 in
the future, and there is a real chance that we may even be able to
deploy WUSAT-3 from the International Space Station.”

Read the full story at
http://www.electronicsweekly.com/news/military-aerospace-electronics/university-sees-successful-cubesat-satellite-launch-2015-05/

WUSAT
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/eng/meng/wusat