ARLA/CLUSTER: Será que é mesmo bom o microfone standard MH-31 que equipa os Yaesu FT-817..?

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 28 de Julho de 2015 - 14:15:50 WEST

How good is FT-817's MH-31 standard microphone?

In this video *Peter Parker VK3YE* tries the electret insert microphone
modification for his Yaesu FT-817

The YouTube description reads:

I've had many good reports from the MH-31 which came with my Yaesu FT-817.
But we know that punchy transmit audio is critical for successful QRP DX
and attention to this is one of the most cost-effective things you can do
to improve performance. Is the standard MH-31 the best there is, or are
easy improvements possible?

Others reported improved results by substituting an electret insert. It
seemed too simple not to try. With two MH-31s available I could modify one
and do quick comparisons with the stock standard.

Was the mod worth it? Watch the video and find out.

*George Smart M1GEO* Yaesu MH-31 Electret Condenser Mic Mod
http://www.george-smart.co.uk/wiki/Yaesu_MH-31_Electret_Condenser_Mic_Mod