ARLA/CLUSTER: Fwd: [New post] CW message hidden in song reached FARC prisoners

Luís Garcia Filipe afterhours36 gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 22 de Janeiro de 2015 - 22:02:52 WET

São este tipo de eventos que ainda traz mais brilho aquilo que é o CW.

Encaminho para vós uma mensagem de CW que foi oculta numa musica para dar
esperança a uns prisioneiros militares nas mãos das FARC.

Só mesmo um bom ouvido treinado em CW é que consegue perceber a mensagem
oculta ( not my case)

Encaminho:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ham Radio Blog PD0AC <comment-reply  wordpress.com>
Date: 2015-01-22 16:31 GMT+00:00
Subject: [New post] CW message hidden in song reached FARC prisoners
To: afterhours36  gmail.com

   Hans posted: "In 2010 the Columbian army used Morse code hidden in a
song to reach soldiers who were kidnapped by FARC guerrillas. It took a
while to compose the song in such a way that only people proficient in CW
would be able to pick it up from the background music,"    Respond to this
post by replying above this line
      New post on *Ham Radio Blog PD0AC*
<https://hamgear.wordpress.com/author/hvrijsse/>  CW message hidden in song
reached FARC prisoners
<https://hamgear.wordpress.com/2015/01/22/cw-message-hidden-in-song-reached-farc-prisoners/>
by
Hans <https://hamgear.wordpress.com/author/hvrijsse/>

In 2010 the Columbian army used Morse code hidden in a song to reach
soldiers who were kidnapped by FARC guerrillas. It took a while to compose
the song in such a way that only people proficient in CW would be able to
pick it up from the background music, but eventually they succeeded to
compose and send the following message:

[image: morse_code_gif.0.0]
<https://hamgear.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/morse_code_gif-0-0.gif>

A team began experimenting with Morse code using various percussion
instruments and a keyboard. They learned that operators skilled in Morse
code can often read the signals at a rate of 40 words per minute — but
played that fast, the beat would sound like a European Dance track. "We
discovered the magic number was 20," says Portela. "You can fit
approximately 20 Morse code words into a piece of music the length of a
chorus, and it sounds okay." The song was called "Better Days".
*"Better Days" *

[VERSE 1]

*In the middle of the night Thinking about what I love the most I feel the
need to sing What my heart has to give*

I talk about those I love
About how much I miss them
I talk about pride and strength
Which beat inside my heart

[CHORUS]

*A new dawn singing this message From my heart Although I'm tied up and
alone I feel as if I'm by your side Listen to this message brother*

[MORSE MESSAGE]
*19 people rescued. You’re next. Don’t lose hope*

[VERSE 2]

*I want to keep on fighting For my friends, my family, my children We will
soon see each other again I'm sure better days are coming*

[CHORUS x 2]

You can listen to the original song
<https://soundcloud.com/michael-zelenko/better-days-by-natalia-gutierrez-y-angelo>
at SoundCloud.com. Original and complete story can be found here
<http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/7/7483235/the-code-colombian-army-morsecode-hostages>.
*(via The Verge)*
  *Hans <https://hamgear.wordpress.com/author/hvrijsse/>* | January 22,
2015 at 4:30 pm | Tags: cw <https://hamgear.wordpress.com/?tag=cw>, Hidden
Message <https://hamgear.wordpress.com/?tag=hidden-message> |
Categories: Amateur
Radio <https://hamgear.wordpress.com/?cat=156583>, HAM Gear
<https://hamgear.wordpress.com/?cat=1701186>, HAM Radio
<https://hamgear.wordpress.com/?cat=6120> | URL: http://wp.me/p1Rf4-1Ac

 Comment
<https://hamgear.wordpress.com/2015/01/22/cw-message-hidden-in-song-reached-farc-prisoners/#respond>
   See all comments
<https://hamgear.wordpress.com/2015/01/22/cw-message-hidden-in-song-reached-farc-prisoners/#comments>

     Unsubscribe
<https://subscribe.wordpress.com/?key=96e7daad0c681568894928ff6861b47c&email=afterhours36%40gmail.com&b=LuzHQbO-pzsekvFFKjl0%3FRVWPYA%26Lz%5DvZ5VDsI%3D%2BdVb_tkyyOG2>
to no longer receive posts from Ham Radio Blog PD0AC.

         Thanks for flying with WordPress.com <http://wordpress.com>

--
Cumprimentos;

Luís Filipe Garcia S.