ARLA/CLUSTER: Curso online de apoio e treino a novos radioamadoresem inglês

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 17 de Agosto de 2015 - 13:30:53 WEST

Online Amateur Radio course successes in Essex

The fourth *Foundation Online* Training course, operated by Essex Ham, has
started with a bang, and an impressive 30 students.

The distance-learning course is intended to help people get started with
amateur radio, and to run alongside existing training activities offered by
UK clubs.

So far, six people have recently passed their Foundation exam after taking
Essex Ham’s course, with two of them passing in Essex recently:

Heather passed with the *Colchester Radio Amateurs* and has just received
her callsign, M6HBP.
She says: *"Many thanks for the online course. It gave me bite size pieces
to study whilst doing a full time job plus all the other things I have to
fit into my days! It also gave me the confidence to know that I was on the
right track when selecting just a day intensive course! The guys at the
Colchester club delivered a really great day of learning and practicals
too. With working more than full time, the only way I was going to get the
foundation was to do something like this, and I just struck it lucky the
Colchester club fitted me in!“*

Andy V from London crossed the border into Essex, and achieved an
indicative mark of 25 out of 26. He contacted Essex Ham to say:
*“Just a quick line to let you know that I took my Foundation exam today at
TARG on Canvey Island, and I passed (only 1 question wrong). Thanks for
letting me do your course, it was a great help. I can’t wait to get my
licence now.. THANKS again!"*

The Foundation Online courses are free, and use a mix of video, text and
online tests in a virtual classroom, allowing students to learn at their
own pace.

If you know anyone interested in enrolling, the next Foundation Online
course is set to start in mid-September. For details, go to
www.essexham.co.uk/foundation-online